- All testing is by appointment only. Students are required to schedule appointments at least 4 hours in advance.
- There are two testing locations on campus during the regular semester.
- Centennial Campus and Main Campus are open to all courses throughout the semester.
- The test center is open Monday – Friday with evening hours at the Centennial Campus location.
- Final Exams
- Hours will be extended. DELTA Testing Services proctors for over 10,000 exams during the final exam week.
- Additional locations may be used.
- Testing accommodations
- The student’s appointment will not display the appropriate accommodations until the DRO letter has been received and processed by our staff.
- Input applicable sections of our syllabus statement in your syllabus.
- Place a link to our official website, go.ncsu.edu/testing, in your LMS.
- If your course uses Moodle, consider inserting the DELTA Testing block.
- To help students get acclimated to making appointments, go over the steps found at Make an Appointment with them at the start of the semester.
- Be flexible with your exam period by giving at least a two-day window for each exam.
- Large courses, 100 students or more, should have a three or four-day window for each exam.
- Semester exams should not exceed the classroom time limit.
- Final exams should be available over the entire exam window. The max time limit for final exams is 2.5 hours (150 minutes).
- Limit the number of on-site exams to four or fewer.
- Limit the time allowed for your exam to what is actually needed to complete the exam. This will allow for more efficient use of the test center.
- All appointments are based on the dates and times for your exam. Should you need to reschedule your exam, be sure to contact firstname.lastname@example.org before making changes to confirm availability.
DELTA Testing Services administers several different types of exams.
Online and Hybrid
- Within your LMS, configure exams to match the current semester and make them visible to students on the course dashboard before the start of the exam.
- Learn how to configure assignment settings in Moodle.
- All exams should open at 8:00 a.m. on the first day of each testing window and close at 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the exam window.
- Paper-based exams may be uploaded at the time of submitting exam information or emailed to DELTA Testing Services at email@example.com at least two business days prior to the exam start date.
- Please note, our office does not administer paper-based, multiple-choice exams.
- Our office will add a cover page to the exam.
- For Spring 2022 paper-based exams will be picked up by the instructor or designee at the Cox Hall location.
- Consider contacting us to let us know when you are coming so we can prepare the packet before you arrive.
Examity is a live, online proctoring service that allows exam takers to complete assessments at any location with security measures designed to ensure academic integrity. DELTA Testing Services certifies Examity to administer exams for students taking fully digital exams. Paper-based exams are not permitted.
- To note the allowance of Examity for your course when completing the exam information form:
- Under the “Off-Campus Proctoring” section, select, “Yes – students are allowed to use an online proctoring service for their online exams.”
Respondus Lockdown Browser is an application that is launched from a Moodle Quiz. When using it, students are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications while taking their exams.
*This application does not provide video recording.